A Simple machine in Pliers are two levers A pair of pliers consists of two levers working in opposite directions.and the load of these levers is the point where the pliers grip.pliers are designed to hold, turn and cut a object or thing, the main parts of Pliers are Pipe grip, Jaws,Cutter,Handles and Pivot plot. There are 15 types of Pliers and there uses which you will understand in detail in below paragraphs
15 types of Pliers and usage
Cutting pliers can be side, end or diagonal types. Side cutters have a cutting blade on one side only and are available in long-curved- and short-nose types. End cutters have cutting blades on the end and are used to make sharp, clean cuts close to the surface on wires, bolts and rivetsThese. Diagonal cutters have two cutting blades set diagonally to the joint and/or handles. Some cutting pliers are made with a spring in the handle to open them automatically after each cut, providing ease and comfort for the user.These 15 types of pilers commonly found in home improvement stores :
Pliers are classified into two broad categories: solid-joint and slip-joint
- Slip-joint pliers are of two designs: multiple hole and tongue and groove. The slip or adjustable joint enables the tool to adjust to the size of the object being held.
- Solid-joint pliers have a joint fixed with a solid pin or rivet and are not adjustable.
- Regular slip-joint pliers : General utility pliers with two jaw-opening adjustments and some has shear-type wire cutter.
- Thin jaw slip-joint pliers : It is same as slip-joint Pliers but made with a slim nose to reach into small tight places.
- Multiple slip-joint or box-joint pliers : General utility tool with up to 8 adjustments, allowing for jaw openings up to 4-1/2″, either multiple hole or tongue
and groove.Straight and curved jaws used in 10″ water pump pliers.
- Crimper stripper pliers : Multi-purpose electrician’s pliers to crimp solderless connectors,cut and hold or bend wire, strip most common gauge wire.I has sheaving holes that cut common sizes of screws without deforming threads.
- Needle-nose pliers : Another name is long nose pliers,they have a pointed nose for reaching places with restricted clearance. some have side cutters. A best pliers for electrical and electronics job.
- Thin-nose pliers : Also called as bent-nose pliers, the name apply to this pliers,the nose is bent at an 80-degree angle for reaching around objects.
- Duck bill pliers: They have long,tapered flat noses for work in restricted areas. Used by weavers,telephone workers and jewelers.
- Wire strippers: Feature adjustable stops to cut insulation without damaging wire.
- Midget pliers: They are straight, chain,round, end-cutting, diagonal-cutting and flat-nose pliers in extra-small sizes.
- End-cutting nippers : Feature powerful leverage for sharp, clean cuts close to the surface on wires, bolts and rivets.
- Lineman’s or electrician’s pliers : Heavy duty, side-cutting pliers designed for all regular wire-cutting needs. Have gripping jaws in addition to cutting edges. High-leverage lineman’s pliers have rivet placed closer to the cutting edges to provide more leverage.
- Fence pliers : They are used in Pull and cut staples in fencing. Feature two wire cutters and heavy head for hammering.
- Locking pliers :Adjustable,locking pliers can be locked on to a work piece, leaving both hands free. They are versatile tools that can be used as pliers, a pipe wrench, an adjustable wrench, wire cutters, a ratchet or a clamp. Locking pliers are available in various sizes and shapes: curved jaw with wire cutter,straight jaw, long nose with wire cutter and bent nose with wire cutter.
Some locking pliers use a mechanism that allows one-handed release; others require two hands to disengage. In addition, many locking pliers provide a wire-cutting function, some from a full range, others from a restricted range of jaw settings . The locking principle also applies to locking clamps, which come in 4″, 6″, 11″, 18″ and 24″ sizes.
One thought on “15 types of Pliers and usage”